SAGES Foundation now accepting applications for the Oddsdottir Traveling Fellowship.
Application deadline: Monday, January 8, 2024
This award honors Professor Margret Oddsdöttir, who was an international pioneer in laparoscopic surgery and a beloved member of the SAGES family. It is intended to help develop the next generation of minimally invasive surgeons. It will be awarded to a woman surgeon from a low/middle income country and her chosen research or clinical team member to attend the SAGES meeting.
The award includes registration for the two person team as well as reimbursement up to $5,000 to offset the cost of travel and hotel for the awardee and team member. Awardees will be invited to attend the SAGES Awards luncheon where the applicant will accept the award and make a 2-minute acceptance speech. The Team will be seated at a table with SAGES leaders to foster a networking experience.
1) Only those whose abstract has been accepted for an oral, video or poster presentation may apply. In general, case reports abstracts will not be considered.
2) Applicant must be a female surgeon, within her first ten years of independent practice (attending or consultant), from a low to middle-low income country as defined listed by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
3) Team member may be a trainee, junior partner, allied health member, research team member, PhD, or engineer.
4) Spousal applications must have significant justification as to the role of the spouse.
5) One application per applicant.