The SAGES Foundation Annual Awards Lunch took place on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 from 12:00 pm- 1:30 pm. This annual ticketed event celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic, laparoscopic, and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The Annual Awards Luncheon features awards and research grants presented to outstanding surgeons and educators for their work in minimally invasive surgery, raising funds to keep patient safety and surgical innovations in the forefront.
2023 Honorees are listed below:
- Early Career Faculty Researcher Award – Clayton Petro, MD & Caroline Reinke, MD
- Researcher in Training Award – Harry Wong, MD
- Karl Storz IRCAD Award – Jonathan DeLong, MD
- Excellence in Medical Leadership Award (SERF) – Bethany Slater, MD
- Brandeis Award – Caitlin Halbert, DO, MS & Farah Husain, MD, FACS, FASMBS
- Barbara Berci Scholarship Award (SERF) – Shaina Eckhouse, MD
- Jeff Ponsky Master Educator Award (SERF) – Michael Ujiki, MD, FACS
- Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care Award – John Linn, MD
- Social Justice and Health Equity – Donn Spight, MD, FACS, FASMBS
- Excellence in Community Surgery – Marian McDonald, MD, MEd, FACS
- International Ambassador Award – Maria Marcella Bailez, MD
- Distinguished Service Award – Stephen Unger, MD
- Berci Lifetime Achievement Award – Carol Scott-Conner, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS, MAMSE
- Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award – Patricia Sylla, MD, FACS, FASCRS
- Margaret Oddsdottir Traveling Fellowship – Angellica Giibwa, MD
- Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy – Demetrius Litwin, MD, MBA, FRCSC, FICS, FACS
The 18th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
For information on available support and sponsorship opportunities, please visit the link below:
How to RSVP: follow the link below to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor.