The 13th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, April 3, 2019. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
April 3, 2019
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. Individual tickets are $175 each, tables of ten are available for $1,300, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,500. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2019 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: Tammy Kindle, M.D.
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Phil Pucher, M.D. and Amin Madani, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Hye-Jin Kim, M.D.
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Maria Altieri, M.D.
- SAGES Brandeis Awards: Gina Adrales, M.D. and Konstantinos Spaniolas, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: John Mellinger, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Excellence in Medical Leadership Award: Ross Goldberg, M.D.
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Award for Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care: Raymond Price, M.D.
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Alberto Ferreres, M.D.
- SAGES George Berci Lifetime Achievement Award: Bernard Dallemagne, M.D.
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: John Hunter, M.D.