The 14th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
April 1, 2020
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Huntington Convention Center, Cleveland OH
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. Individual tickets are $175 each, tables of ten are available for $1,300, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,500. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2020 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Jo Buyske, MD
- SAGES George Berci Lifetime Achievement Award: Walter Pories, MD
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Shoichi Fujii, PhD, MD
- SAGES Kenneth Forde Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care Award: Spencer Amory, MD
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator Award: Thadeus Trus, MD
- SAGES Foundation Barbara Berci Scholarship Award: Sara Hennessy, MD
- SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy Award: Chuck Kennedy
- SAGES Brandeis Award: Racquel Bueno, MD, David Renton, MD
and Christopher DuCoin, MD
- SAGES IRCAD Visiting Fellowship Award: Brett Parker, MD
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by Karl Storz Endoscopy
SAGES Young Researcher Award: Deborah Keller, MD
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Joshua Weis, MD and Daniel Hashimoto, MD
- SAGES Advocacy Summit Award: Rohan Abraham Joseph, MD
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Surendra Ugale, MD