The 12th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, April 11, 2018. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
April 11, 2018
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. Individual tickets are $175 each, tables of ten are available for $1,300, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,500. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2018 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: Luke Funk, M.D.
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Maria Altieri, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Shoichi Fujii, M.D.
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Tyler Cohn, M.D.
- SAGES Advocacy Summit Award: Marion Henry, M.D.
- SAGES Brandeis Awards: Shanu Kothari, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: Brian Dunkin, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Excellence in Medical Leadership Award: Dimitrios Stefanidis, M.D.
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Award for Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care: Frank Lewis, M.D.
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Abe Fingerhut, M.D.
- SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy Award: Phil Schauer, M.D.
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Mrs. Barbara Berci