The 11th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
March 22, 2017
12:00pm – 1:30pm
George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston, TX
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. You may also contact the Foundation office at (310) 347 0544 ext.113 or email@example.com. Individual tickets are $175 each, tables of ten are available for $1,300, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,500. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2017 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: Eric Pauli, M.D.
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Yalini Vigneswaran, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Jacqueline van Laarhoven, M.D.
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Iswando Sucandy, M.D.
- SAGES Advocacy Summit Award: Dana Telem, M.D.
- SAGES Brandeis Awards: Dean Mikami, M.D. and Eric Weiss, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: Peter Marcello, M.D.
- SAGES Foundation Excellence in Medical Leadership Award: Aurora Pryor, M.D.
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Award for Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care: Paul Severson, M.D.
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Antonio Lacy, M.D.
- SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy Award: Michel Gagner, M.D.
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Mark Talamini, M.D.
- SAGES George Berci Life: David Rattner, M.D.