The 9th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Lunch will take place on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. Announcement of abstract winners and the awards listed below for laudable service and innovation are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
April 15, 2015
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. You may also contact the Foundation office at (310) 347 0544 ext.161 or email@example.com. Individual tickets are $150 each, tables of ten are available for $1,275, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,000. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase will be tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The 2015 Honorees TBA.
2014 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Pioneer in Endoscopy Award: David Utley, MD
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: Gary Vitale, MD
- The Excellence in Medical Leadership Award – A SAGES Foundation Award: Dmitry Oleynikov, MD
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Steven Wexner, MD
- SAGES Award for Clinical Excellence and Humanism in Medicine: Brant Oelschlager, MD *SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Elisabeth McLemore, MD
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: David Urbach, MD SAGES gratefully acknowledges Olympus for their support of the Young Researcher Award
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Ezra Teitelbaum, MD
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Eran Shlomovitz, MD
*SAGES acknowledges a generous grant in support of this award from Karl Storz Endoscopy
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Geoffrey Kohn, MD
- SAGES George Berci Lifetime Achievement Award: Tehemton Udwadia, MD