The 9th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Lunch will take place on Wednesday, April 15, 2015. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
April 15, 2015
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center
Room: Canal A-D
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. You may also contact the Foundation office at (310) 347 0544 ext.113 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual tickets are $150 each, tables of ten are available for $1,275, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,000. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2015 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy Award: Steven Rothenberg, MD
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: Kenneth Forde, MD
- The Excellence in Medical Leadership Award – A SAGES Foundation Award: Danielle Walsh, MD
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Daniel Deziel, MD
- SAGES Award for Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care: LTC(P) Robert Lim, MD
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: Shuji Saito, MD
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: Rajesh Aggarwal, MD
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges Olympus for their support of the Young Researcher Award
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Edward Jones, MD
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Yulia Zak, MD
*SAGES acknowledges a generous grant in support of this award from Karl Storz Endoscopy
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Natan Zundel, MD
- SAGES George Berci Lifetime Achievement Award: Lee Swanstrom, MD