The 10th Annual SAGES Education and Research Foundation Awards Lunch will take place on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. The luncheon celebrates and honors distinguished leaders in minimally invasive surgery. Proceeds benefit the SAGES Foundation and its mission to advance endoscopic laparoscopic and emerging minimal access surgical methods and patient care. The awards listed below reflect laudable service and innovation and are presented to outstanding, experienced, and reputable leaders in minimally invasive surgery.
March 16, 2016
12:00pm – 1:30pm
Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, Boston, MA
The luncheon not only recognizes the progressive work of our honorees, it also provides an excellent forum for SAGES members and industry executives to interact socially while raising the necessary funding to keep patient safety and minimal access surgery in the forefront.
How to RSVP: Please go here to purchase individual tickets, tables, virtual ads or become an event sponsor. You may also contact the Foundation office at (310) 347 0544 ext.113 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual tickets are $150 each, tables of ten are available for $1,275, and event sponsorship opportunities begin at $3,000. Since this event benefits the SAGES Education & Research Foundation, a portion of your purchase is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
2016 Honorees are listed below:
- SAGES Pioneer in Surgical Endoscopy Award: Sybill Storz
- SAGES Foundation Jeffrey L. Ponsky Master Educator in Endoscopy Award: Jeffrey Marks, MD
- The Excellence in Medical Leadership Award – A SAGES Foundation Award: Daniel Scott, MD
*Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Gore & Associates
- SAGES Distinguished Service Award: Steve Schwaitzberg, MD
- SAGES Award for Excellence in Humanistic Clinical Care: Adrian Park, MD
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges support by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- SAGES Foundation Gerald Marks Rectal Cancer Award: James L. Alexander, MD
- SAGES Young Researcher Award: TBD
*SAGES gratefully acknowledges Olympus for their support of the Young Researcher Award
- SAGES Researcher in Training Award: Rebeccah Baucom, MD
- SAGES IRCAD Traveling Fellowship Award: Paul Colavita, MD
*SAGES acknowledges a generous grant in support of this award from Karl Storz Endoscopy
- SAGES International Ambassador Award: Karl Fuchs, MD
- SAGES George Berci Lifetime Achievement Award: Alberto Montori, MD